Pages

5.16.2012



Cherry Tomatoes. They can really go with anything– especially pastas and salads. My personal favorites (shown below) are the easiest to make and most delightful to eat. Not too mention completely healthy, filling, yet light on the waistline! I'm Italian and I like to eat, let me tell you, but these take ten minutes tops and are delicious recipes to make for your friends, surprise your hubby, or better yet make for yourself which is perfectly alright– I cook for myself daily!


Cherry Tomatoes Summer Salad: Arugala, Cherry Tomatoes, Chicken (either cook it yourself on a grill or buy some pre-made at Trader Joe's- baking chicken is NOT the way to go unless you like rubbery chicken- ewwy), Parmesan Cheese, Salt, Pepper, & Olive Oil.


Cherry Tomatoes Summer Spaghetti: Spaghetti (I prefer original pasta but it also goes well with whole wheat), Breadcrumbs, Garlic Salt, Olive Oil, Pepper, Parmesan Cheese, & Red Pepper (if you like a little kick like I do). 

Directions: Cook the pasta till al-dente– I like it that way but that is my preference. Add some olive oil and about a half cup of breadcrumbs with a pinch of garlic salt to the bowl of pasta after drained– mix that all together (all depends on how much pasta you cook). Slice a few cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper (red and black), and grade some Parm. Add that to the Top and voilà one of my favorite dishes of pasta without a creamy sauce that hurts your tummy later!

No comments:

Post a Comment